SF San Francisco
What is it? |
What's it like |
Weekly Themes |
What is it?
SFLindyPractica is a Lindy Hop practice session every Thursday at 7:30pm
(prior to the 9:20 Special). Currently the practica is held at the
The session is for anyone who is passionate about improving their Lindy.
We have a mailing list for people interested in the practica.
Goals / Principles of practice session:
- not a social dance - strictly for working on and improving skills
- not a workshop - everyone takes responsibility for him/herself
- support each other in improving / challenge each other to "push
- dancers of diverse experience/skill levels are welcomed /
respect differing priorities of participants
- give/receive constructive feedback
What's it like?
We have found that having a theme each week
helps focus our direction.
Weekly themes will be announced on the mailing list.
Dancers can optionally choose to be a part of the theme or use the
space for their own focus, apart from the group.
Participants are encouraged to suggest themes or even be the "facilitator"
of a session.
The idea is to improve our dancing by breaking out of our normal patterns.
Source materials include: video tapes, each others' knowledge, recent
workshops and lessons, etc. A camcorder will be available for taping dancing.
The SFLindyPractica is an evolving process with input from all participants.
Hope to see you there!
Site Index |
Thanks to Ricardo Lagos for the domain